Thursday, March 7, 2013

About T-shirt Contest Winner Josh Boudreaux


My name is Joshua Boudreaux and I'm from Louisiana.  At the age of 21 I moved to Delaware mainly for the purpose of being very, very far from home.  After a few years of fun/horrible adventures of self-discovery I moved to Frederick, Maryland with my fantastic girlfriend and a cat.  Drawing has always been a big part of who I am.  I started out in elementary school drawing things involving Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles, a whole butt-ton of Sonic the Hedgehogs, as well as my own robot, alien, and superhero creations.  Y'know, stuff cool kids (read: NERDS!) like.  Nowadays I try to do something with art that combines mysticism with a sense of the cosmic, and to bring out a sense of beauty that's relevant yet seems to come from an ancient place.  I'm inspired by a lot of things, a few of which I'll list off for you right now because that's always fun:  Corny fantasy movies, Star Wars, anime (the good stuff), animation of all kinds, really, Adventure Time, Adult Swim, animals, grafitti, video games from all generations (that one's probably the most important, I can blame video games for keeping my mind constantly lit with lasers and explosions and color), ancient cultures, outer space, plants, and so much more.  Having my artwork resonate with people is an awesome feeling.  To break of a little piece of your soul and have someone else see it be 'wowed' by it...there's nothing like it.